Computers, tablets, e-readers, smartphones and other electronic devices with visual displays all can cause tired eyes, digital eye strain and computer vision syndrome.
Computer-related eye problems have become widespread: according to a 2015 survey by The Vision Council, 65 percent of American adults reported having symptoms of digital eye strain.
Learn how to protect yourself from digital eye strain, including how specially designed computer glasses can relieve tired eyes, 10 tips to reduce computer eye strain, how computer ergonomics can minimize your risk of computer vision problems, and more.
The List Below are a few statistics on Digital Eye Strain/Fatigue
- 70% of Americans use 2 or more devices at a time
- Americans that use digital devices for more than 5 hours daily is around 60%
- People who who use digital devices for more than 2 hours a day 9 out of 10 suffer from digital eye strain or fatigue.
- 35% of children use a digital device daily for 3 or more hours
- The highest rate of digital eye strain is found in adults younger than 30.
- 90% of patients never talk to their eye doctor about using digital device